Monday, May 9, 2011

La Cotorra

This image here, as some may already know it a parrot. In Spanish we call this a cotorra. Cotorra is also a way some Spanish folks may categorize people that talk a little too much for their own good. I had my share of experiencing with a cottora on the bus, and all I could do was wonder when was this person going to shut up. Is there really that much to talk about at seven in the morning? I don’t think so! This person from moment she arrived on the bus, the first thing she did was call someone through her cell phone. She spoke with three different people throughout the ride. Finally shutting up when we arrived at the URI campus. 
At first I didn't think about it too much. Her conversation only lasted about 10 minutes, and it seemed like the reason why it ended was because of the other person. She than mad a second phone call that was based on the same subject of her first conversation that she initiated. I was starting to get a feeling that she was calling people for no real reason but to have someone to talk to. My only problem was that it wasn't a, to yourself conversation. This person was loud! And like the energizer bunny she kept going and going and going about absolutely NOTHING!  Que cottora!

No comments:

Post a Comment